Work Package 6
PROMOTING RESEARCH AND INNOVATION ENVIRONMENT IN THE
LIBYAN HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM
WP6 – Project Quality and Evaluation
1st April 2021
The project is financed by the European Union.
IBTIKAR … the aims
1. Increasing the production of internationalized, high quality research.
2. Dealing with the local and global challenges in higher education.
3. Contributing to solve community problems, and
impact on the socio-economic growth in Libya.
Indicators of achieving IBTIKAR’s aims
1. The Quality of Research
2. Impact on the socio-economic growth in Libya.
3. Developing Higher Education.
4. Impact on the socio-economic growth in Libya.
The quality assurance
The Key Tasks:
• T6.1 Creation of Quality and Evaluation Working Team and nomination of the External Evaluator.
• T6.2 Drawing up of Quality and Evaluation Plan (product & process evaluation).
• T6.3 Regular Monitoring and feedback collection by Partners.
• T6.4 Drawing up of evaluation reports (Mid-term and
Teamwork of Quality
• Team leader – establishing a team in UoB.
• Coordinator from each partner university
• Quality assurance responsible members for each WP ( 7 members across participants).
• Internal evaluation through peer-review within the universities (i.e., documents work).
• External evaluation through the independent institutions (e.g., NGOs) and stakeholders (e.g., employers).
• Qualitative (e.g., evaluation of research activities WP5).
• Quantitative data (e.g., number of research citations and % of socio-economic growth).
• Primary data – survey and interviews.
• Secondary – the reports and publication from the relevant independent organizations.